10 Triggered Emails Your Customers Are Expecting To Receive
Triggered emails are a sure-fire way to increase engagement and conversion from your automated email campaigns.
Reaching your customers at the right time is essential for business growth, whether you are focused online or set up locally.
Using the best and most dependable triggered mailings are a way to ensure your upcoming sales, promotions, and advertisements reach as many individuals as possible to increase overall generated revenue.
|» Free Bonus: Click here to get access to free blueprints to 10 proven marketing automation drip campaigns.|
What Are Triggered Emails?
Triggered emails are exactly what they sound like.
These marketing automation emails are triggered based on specific events, such as any action taken (or not) by a website visitor, or a meaningful change in a customer’s behavior or profile.
Customizing triggered emails is a way to appeal to the specific needs of your customer base without sending spam-like messages to your subscribers which are not relevant or interesting to them at the time.
With proper tracking and data analytics it is much easier to see which style of drip emails work best and which messages are most likely to generate revenue and increase sales.
Triggered Email Campaigns Your Customers Are Anticipating
Using a welcome email is a way to establish your relationship with new customers and subscribers while determining the type of behavior you wish to see with properly implemented calls to action.
Whether you choose to offer a new subscriber discount and promotion or if you are looking to build loyalty through quality content, welcoming emails are important to track and keep an eye on.
Welcome emails are also ideal to track the overall engagement of your subscribers and customers to best determine the right methods when approaching them for sales and looking to generate new leads.
Onboarding emails are quite common regardless of the size of your business.
Using an onboarding email is helpful when motivating subscribers and customers to register an account for your website or generate a username for your online store.
While some individuals will complete these tasks without an additional email, some require a push to keep their interest in a new brand or product.
Encouraging and assisting subscribers with registering an account on your website is recommended when looking to track additional data while bringing more users into your own databases for future email campaigns and triggered events.
For subscribers who have activated their accounts but have yet to engage with your website or make a purchase, early activation emails are useful.
Early activation emails let individuals who have a vested interest in your brand and the products you represent know they matter within your company.
Including potential discounts and promotions for those who have activated their accounts to get started with making a purchase and checking out is a great way to boost traffic to your website while also increasing ROI altogether.
Use early activation campaigns to boost customer loyalty while allowing you to gather more data as they continue on to your official shop and checkout areas.
When you have individuals who have not clicked links or even opened emails you have sent to your lists throughout your entire last purchasing cycle, consider sending a reactivation email.
Reactivation emails often include eye-catching headers that quickly grab attention and keep users interested in what you have to say and what you are offering.
Include discount percentages in headers, use buzzwords such as “FREE”, “Take Advantage of This Offer”, and “Special Gift for You” when sending reactivation emails to appeal to even those who may have forgotten about your website or business altogether.
Reactivation emails are important to avoid allowing your entire email list shrink over time.
Abandoned shopping carts are not a new area for most online marketers, especially those who focus solely on eCommerce and growing online platforms.
Most often, abandoned shopping carts prove to have the highest conversion rates for marketers who are keen on reaching their potential customers and bringing them back to complete their checkout.
Sending out appealing and enticing remarketing emails to users who have abandoned their carts on your website is a way to keep your brand relevant in their minds while reminding them they have products or services they have once shown great interest in to purchase.
Sending service messages, or transactional emails is a great opportunity to educate potential prospects and customers while providing them with alternative engagement possibilities.
Transactional emails include practically everything.
- Purchase confirmations
- Shipping confirmations
- Back order details
These triggered emails allow you to stay in constant contact with your customers regardless of the actions they have taken on your website or the information they may need in the future regarding your company.
Send emails regarding users’ accounts on your website with automated triggers to keep customers informed of any changes or updates you want available at all times.
Including password change notifications, profile updates, and even new features you want to showcase within account change emails is a way to reassure your customers you are on top of details at all times.
Triggered account emails also help when users may have lost their password or if they have recently changed their shipping and billing address with their account and need to confirm before placing an order.
Personal Event Email
By collecting data from customers such as their birthdays or anniversary dates of creating an account, you have a unique opportunity to implement interesting and memorable engagement emails that are also appealing to loyal customers on a personal level.
Offering discounts or sales for birthdays and anniversaries is a way to establish your brand in the minds of your customers while also increasing ROI and the chance of making a better sale.
Showing you truly care for your customers by sending personalized messages also increases loyalty while maintaining relevancy for your brand regardless of the industry you represent.
Sending a milestone email is another way to solidify the relationship you have with loyal customers while encouraging them to come back for more products and services in the future.
Milestone emails allow you to highlight specific events in which your customers have reached, such as “being a member for one year”, “purchasing services for X years in a row”, or even “sharing our posts to social media X times”.
By rewarding your customers for engaging and interacting with your website, keep them coming back for more to help build and boost your brand on various platforms.
Location, event-based, and weather real-time triggers are optimal when looking to get even more personal with your readers, subscribers, and customers.
Using specific triggers such as weather and location-based check-ins can appeal to smaller, yet more concise demographics and groups of users.
By showing interest in set regions and areas, draw in the interest of individuals while building trust and loyalty while communicating more effectively.
|» Free Bonus: Click here to get access to free blueprints to 10 proven marketing automation drip campaigns.|
Tips for Successful Triggered Emails
Set No Limits
While some marketing professionals may stick to the “cut and dry” approach while sticking to the basis of their email’s header, there are no limits when getting creative.
Feel free to offer up additional marketing information within email messages, so long as it is relevant to your readers.
Create your own customer personas when segmenting your email lists to reach users based on demographics, location, and in some cases, spending ability if possible.
Having custom personas for groups of your users allow you to get crafty when developing and executing new email marketing campaigns and strategies.
Map Customer Journeys
While it is possible to generate sales with your first email campaign and triggered message, it is also important to map your customers’ journey through the emails they receive.
Collecting data on each email you send, engagement, and ROI is a way to cultivate the most optimal marketing strategy possible for your business.
Repurpose What Works
Determine what is keeping your subscribers going down the paths you have mapped out to repurpose what works.
Once you begin to see your engagement rates on the rise, attempt to duplicate your actions (by using what has been proven to work), rather than starting over from scratch with less data and reliability.
Watch Your Competition
While you may have unique marketing ideas in mind, it is imperative to check your competition’s emails and subscribe to various lists yourself.
Keep an eye on the type of emails you receive from your top competitors to see what works and which triggers they are implementing to stay ahead of the game.
With a bit of creativity and the ability to track and analyze your customers’ data, sending the right triggered emails can drastically boost brand loyalty while increase sales and generated revenue.
Taking the time to thoroughly craft the right triggered messages for your subscribers allows you to stay ahead of competition while solidifying yourself as a trusted brand and business in any industry and market today.
Example Behavior Triggers To Start Running
- When a user has asked a question that has recently been answered on your website or updated within your site’s FAQ, send triggered emails to let them know the information is now readily available (including a direct link to their original question for ease of access).
- If a user has indicated they are interested in a product that was previously out of stock, inform them once it is back in automatically to recapture their interest and motivate them to make a sale. You can also include promotional information or discount details if possible to increase ROI even more.
- Using a blog with various authors allows you to connect with readers and customers on a more personal level. Send triggered messages to those who may have liked an article by one of your authors once a new piece has been published (by the same author or with tags that are relevant to their personal tastes).
- Any time you publish and share new content on a subject that is most relevant to your business and the products you have available, let users know with a quick update including links to your content and how they can quickly and easily gain access to read it.
- When sharing a series or digest of content you follow on a specific subject, keep users automatically informed with triggers based on their account activity and whether they have interacted in the past with your content or not.
- Sharing triggered messages for curated content is another way to keep individuals interested in what information you have to share when they are seeking out additional resources and details that are relevant to your brand and industry.
- If a customer or subscriber is not as active as you would like to see, consider a triggered prompt that allows you to get helpful feedback on what you can do better as a business and brand to grab and keep their attention with your website, products, services, and marketing efforts.
- When users have abandoned shopping carts, consider offering them additional perks in the future to show that you appreciate their loyalty.
- Many individuals subscribe to articles and enjoy seeing updated comments on quality content. Inform your readers when there are new comments and additional engagement with your pieces to keep them coming back for more.
- If a user shares they have liked specific products, services, or content you have shared in the past, consider reminding them each time you go live with new and relevant items that are most likely to appeal to them individually.
- Whenever you are promoting a new sale, sending triggered messages with relevant items that are discounted to segmented groups helps you boost sales while also increasing overall web traffic. The more specific you are able to get with sharing relevant sale items with past customers, the easier it becomes to generate sales and better ROI.
Start Using Triggered Emails to Engage Your Customers
How will you start engaging customers based on their online behaviors?
Triggered emails are nowadays more expected, almost anticipated, by customers.
With the right triggers and drip campaigns in place, your triggered emails will lead to better customer experiences and higher results.