Were you on Facebook in the last hour? There’s a darn good chance your prospects or customers were, and your brand could have been visible to them with Facebook ad campaigns.Result-oriented marketers focus on how to be everywhere to reach their audience and there’s one thing that is often forgotten. The worst part? It’s right in front of you.It’s your existing database of email addresses.Imagine taking the contacts who engage with your email marketing campaigns and targeting them while they’re surfing a site that drives more traffic to news sites than Google.Not only is it possible but it’s easier to set up Facebook ad campaigns than you think. Given the audience size Facebook has, you can be sure your customers or prospects are already there.This creates a prime opportunity to develop a multi-channel campaign using email marketing and Facebook to drive your messaging. We’re going to show you just how simple it is to integrate your Delivra contact list with Facebook ad campaigns. But first, what are Facebook ad campaigns, and why are they important? Facebook allows you to create and show ads to your prospects or clients in their newsfeed or on Instagram. There are two different ways to advertise on Facebook: The first option is to build a target audience based on interests, location, age, gender, and so on–the standard demographics. The other option is to upload a list of contacts with email addresses directly and target only those people on your list. If you upload a list, Facebook takes your contacts and matches their user records to your contacts. Keep in mind: this may make Facebook ad campaigns more difficult for B2B businesses, as fewer corporate email addresses are tied to Facebook accounts. This doesn’t mean it can’t be done, just that it might be more challenging to find a higher match rate of contacts. Luckily, there are a ton of different ads you can create on Facebook:
Source: Really Good Emails Five types of ads that you could potentially create are:
- Awareness ads generate interest in your product or service. These are extremely useful for new products or new companies that are trying to get their foot in the door. If you’re a new small business, people won’t know to come find you. You have to put your business out there, and awareness ads do just that.
- Consideration ads get people to start thinking about your business and look for more information about it. You want consideration ads for longer-term purchases, where people spend more money on something that will last them for 5 years or longer. These are also good for travel agencies–you want people to remember your agency when it matters, not necessarily right now.
- Conversion ads get people interested in your business to purchase or use your product or service. This is what you want if you’re trying to sell something right now, today, hence the name “conversion” ads. A good ad manager will give you plenty of insight into your conversion and click rates.
- Retargeting ads are used to get people back to your site after they’ve viewed it. These are a little different than conversion ads because you use data from your analytical tools to serve ads based on what the user already looked at. Use retargeting ads to convert customers that have spent some time on your site for maximum impact.
- Video ads are proven to drive engagement. Video ads can be used in any of the above-mentioned types of ads to improve your click-through rates. New products? Showcase features and how it works or looks. Want to showcase your reviews? Use customer testimonials.
There are two simple ways to create Facebook Ads using Delivra: Collecting engaged contacts using Delivra’s multi-channel drip campaign By far the easiest route is using our powerful multi-channel drip campaign feature. This feature automatically allows you to export a list of contacts who follow a specific workflow step in an automation campaign. Note: This only works for those using marketing automation (otherwise, you can skip down to the other way to create an ad campaign on Facebook). Let’s say you want to target contacts that are interested in a new product, and you promote the new product with a link to the product page. In Automation, you’ll want to do two simple things: First, drag a “Wait for Event” action icon below your promotional mailing in the drip. You’ll want to set the event as the contact clicking on the link to your new product. Second, on the “Yes” branch, drag over the Export CSV action icon. This will allow you to export any contacts that clicked to view your new product page from the promotional email you sent out. You can even customize the frequency Delivra exports contacts from your automation campaign if you’re running a triggered campaign. This allows you to select which days of the week and who should receive the export directly. Automating exports of your email campaigns is a great way to improve your workflow. It improves efficiency and frees up time for you to connect with customers. Now you have your list of engaged contacts ready to import into Facebook. Collecting engaged contacts from Delivra (the other way) Let’s use the same scenario of promoting a new product but this time you’re sending a one-off email that’s not part of a drip campaign. In the Reports section of Delivra, find the correct email you sent out. In the reporting view, click on Unique Clicks then export the list of contacts that clicked on your email. You can choose whether you want to download the view of what you see or download all. You can see what they clicked and only keep the contacts that viewed your new product page. The CSV file will download to your computer instantly. Creating your Facebook ad campaigns from engaged Delivra contacts Now we have our list of engaged contacts from our mailing. Go into your Facebook Ads account and create a new campaign. In the Audience section, click on “Create New” and select “Custom Audience.” From here, you’ll choose “Customer File.” Next, “Choose a file or copy and paste data.” Take your CSV and drag it over into Facebook and give your Custom Audience a name. Facebook will automatically look to match any users with the contact emails you uploaded. Note: While you may not be able to find a lot of corporate emails with a B2B list, you may be able to find some small businesses. Definitely give it a try even if you’re in the B2B industry. Now you have taken your email marketing strategy and integrated it with Facebook ad campaigns, the leading advertising social media platform. This puts you in the driver’s seat to create highly targeted ad campaigns on Facebook using contacts from your Delivra account. Wrap up This article covered some technical stuff. Let’s recap what we’ve covered:
- We talked about what a Facebook ad is and why they are essential to your digital marketing efforts.
- We discussed Delivra’s powerful multi-channel drip campaign feature and how it can make it easy for you to target your contact list through Facebook.
- We went over how to add a new list based on people that viewed your newest product offering (or whatever your target product is.)
If you are interested in learning how to segment and kick your marketing automation strategy up a notch, download our Marketing Automation Workflow Templates. It will provide you with 10 drip campaigns that our current customers are using successfully today to engage contacts and increase revenue.