Referrals are a great way to build up your business and you should never be afraid to ask for them. Lean into your relationships with existing customers. Use this automation to thank customers for their business and ask for referrals.
Obtain leads through customer referrals
How it works
- The first email is sent to thank the customer for their business and ask for referrals. Include a call-to-action for easy introductions.
- The customer waits in a pause step for 45 days (or whatever time frame you decide).
- Evaluate Referral Received. If Yes, Stop.
- The second email is sent to remind customers how important referrals are to your business, and ask for referrals.
- The customer waits in a Stop step.
- 1 email design to start the automation
- 1 Automated API email designs
- A text-based custom field that identifies Referral Received. Remember to update this field as referrals come in from your customer.
- Determine how you plan to send the initial email. Some options are:
- Send a regular email using a segment that targets recent customers
- Use our API to send an automated email based on data from another system
- Use this template to build the automation in your account.
- Design an email for each Send Email step.
- Update the Pause step if you want to use a different time frame between each email that is sent.
- Add as many Send Email and Pause steps as you want. There is no limit on the number of emails in a series.
- Always have a Pause step after each Send Email step to ensure that multiple emails are not immediately sent to your customers.
- Collect your customers in a Stop step at the end of the automation. This gives you the ability to extend the automation at a later date, if desired.
- Still need assistance? Contact our team for help.
Login to use template