Email click through rates have always been an essential part of the email marketing process. They help to let you know if your recipients are engaged and interested in the emails you are sending. They also let you know if your recipients are reading your emails. So, it is essential to make sure to know how to improve your email click through rates. Here are a few tips that I have found that help to improve click through rates:
- Make sure your links to other pages are clear. It is important to differentiate them from the rest of the text on the page. That way the user can easily find them to click them. One easy way to do this is use the words “Click here.”
- Engage the user immediately. Similar to a newspaper, an email should have the important information at the beginning. The call to action to click should come at the beginning of the message before the user would have to scroll down the page.
- Use multiple links. Instead of just having one link toward the beginning of the message, space them out throughout the email. More links will always give you more opportunities to engage the user. Make sure they are titled a little differently every time in order to attract different users and not bug the readers with the same words.
- Use video links. The popularity of sites like YouTube and Hulu have proved that online video has become very popular. It is easy to entice people with a link to a short video and they have been proven to improve click through rates.
- Create a clean email layout. The layout of the email itself has to be simple and easily readable. It will be much harder for users to find links if the page sent to them is cluttered with images and designs. This is another case of simpler is better.
Want to learn more about email marketing and how we can help you? Contact us today at 317-915-9400 or click here.