With practically every one of your customers owning an email address and access to the Internet, email marketing has turned out to be the most powerful and cost-effective way to market products and services. However, sending an email for just about anything related to your products or services may not earn you the success you expect. Having a defined strategy increases the success of your email marketing campaign. Here are a few steps to help you.
- Set a Goal – Before you venture into your marketing campaign, you should define your goal. Is it to increase sales or to create brand awareness?. Knowing your goals will help you define the content and the nature of your message, and also assist you in measuring the success of your campaign by setting the metrics you need to track.
- Understand Your Audience – Before you send your email you should understand the demographics of the list you are emailing. Who are they? Are they new or potential customers? What do they know about your products? What are their interests and hobbies? Understanding your audience and their specific needs will help you shape your email to pique their interest.
- Tailor Your Content – With both your marketing goal set and the demographics of your email list defined, creating content should be quite easy. Your content should trigger your audience's interest and prompt them to take action. Examples include: offers, promotions, deals, and social media sharing. These all help with generating calls to action.
- Increase Customer Engagement – Sending emails only when you have a sale will not gain you loyal customers. You should use your email messages as a tool to develop a relationship with your customers. When a customer opts-in for product information, you can send a welcome message to include detailed information about your products, website tour etc. Send a thank you email after they make a purchase and offer discounts for the next purchase.
- Track Your Emails – You should have a good tracking system in place to measure the success of your marketing campaign. Measuring the success of your email campaign through opens, page views, click-throughs etc. you can then determine if your current strategy is working or if you need to rework the goals, audience or content.
For developing an effective marketing strategy, come to Delivra. Our email marketing consultants can help you put together a successful email strategy that suits your marketing needs.