Designing effective emails is critical to market your brand. A well-designed and thought out email reflects your company culture, showcases your brand's core values, and most importantly, makes the recipient read your message and act on it. While you should ensure every email is creative and eye-catching, there are some best practices that must be followed when designing emails.
- Understand your email's purpose before designing it as a newsletter or a sales email. Arrange the different elements in your email to suit the purpose and objective.
- Though the body of your email is the most significant part, an authentic From address and an impressive subject line matters to your recipient.
- The preview pane should communicate the main point of your email (or the call-to-action links, offers, phone numbers, etc.) should be visible for a quick scan. It should capture your recipient's interest prompting him to go through the entire email.
- Your email should have short content that is clear and easy to understand.
- Try to keep the most relevant information at the top of your message because readers often time do not scroll down.
- Though images add appeal to your message, try and limit them as most browsers block them in the preview panes.
- An effective email can successfully dodge the content filter. For this, rid your email of excessive images, content in bold caps, poor spelling, and excessive use of words like free, click here, etc.
Designing an effective email is simple when you have the market knowledge and the expertise. The email marketing consultants at Delivra can help you design emails with the ultimate aim of marketing your brand effectively.