When you are engaged in an active email campaign, it pays to occasionally scrub out your email list. This way you can eliminate irrelevant email contacts that can mar your sender reputation. Once you have rid your email list of invalid addresses maintain your clean list so you won't need to spend as much time and effort in email scrubbing. Here are a few ways to keep your email list clean:
- Make your unsubscribe option clear: An unsubscribe option should be provided in every email you send. It should be easily visible at the footer of your email. If a subscriber opts to unsubscribe, make the process smooth, by providing an easy landing page.
- Give subscribers the chance to edit their settings: Offer your subscribers the option to edit their settings in every mail. This way they can let you know what kind of emails they expect and if their interests have changed from the time they opted-in. Providing an edit-your-settings option can almost always prevent an unsubscribe.
- Add subscribers through best practices: Perform email scrubs to clean your email list of irrelevant addresses. Ensure your subscribers do a double opt-in.
- Send welcome mail to new subscribers: As a part of maintaining authentic contacts, send a welcome mail to your new subscribers confirming their email address. You can ask them to white list you and let them know how often they will be hearing from you.
- Re-engage you subscribers: When you feel your contact is not opening or clicking through, it is time to send a re-engaging mail to find out about their interests and altered tastes and customize your email accordingly.
- Segment to conquer: Segmenting your contacts is the best way to send them relevant emails. When you target your contacts with emails based on their behavior and interests, you automatically increase your open and click-through rates.
Maintaining a clean email list is the best way to ensure your emails reach their target and in turn generate business. Our Delivra email marketing specialists understand the importance of having a clean email list. Schedule an appointment with us to find out how we can help your email campaigns succeed.